For anybody new to a vegetarian eating regimen–flexitarians who undertake plans like Meatless Mondays–as neatly as dedicated vegetarians and fanatics of Power Meals, here is a comprehensive assortment of handy, meat-free mains for regularly occurring.
As inspiring because it is useful, Meatless features 200 recipes—each accompanied by a fine looking graphic—for full-fledged vegetarians and meat-eaters alike. You’ll discover recipes for classics and new favorites, plus a variety of low-fat, vegan, and gluten-free alternatives, too.
More than only a cookbook, Meatless is additionally a roadmap to embracing a vegetable-based tradition. Here are dozens of versatile recipes that can also be easily tailored, such as pizza with a lot of toppings, salads made from distinctive complete grains, and pestos with sudden flavors and parts. You’ll additionally find assistance on stocking your pantry with vegetarian necessities (dried beans, pasta, herbs and spices), a assortment of fundamental recipes and thoughts (vegetable inventory, tomato sauce, polenta), and make-ahead taste-boosters (caramelized onions, roasted peppers, and short pickles).
Comprehensive and essential, Meatless makes it handy to prepare taste-packed dinners for any day, any event. And nobody will omit the meat. Selections encompass:
• Small Plates to Combine and Healthy: Smashed Chickpea, Basil, and Radish Dip with Pita Chips; Roasted Child Potatoes with Romesco Sauce; Stuffed Marinated Sizzling Pink Chili Peppers; Grilled Polenta with Balsamic Mushrooms
• Stovetop Suppers: Frittata with Asparagus, Goat Cheese, and Herbs; Spring Vegetable Ragout; Farro Risotto with Wild Mushrooms; Southwestern Hash
• Soups, Stews, and Chili: Tomato Soup with Poached Eggs; Bean Chili; White Cheddar Corn Chowder; Chickpea Curry with Roasted Cauliflower and Tomatoes
• Casseroles and different Baked Dishes: Ricotta and Spinach Stuffed Shells; Italian Baked Eggplant with Seitan; Black-Bean Tortilla Casserole; Apple, Leek, and Squash Gratin
• Substantial Salads: Raw Kale Salad with Pomegranate and Toasted Walnuts; Avocado, Beet, and Orange Salad; Arugula, Potato, and Eco-friendly Bean Salad with Creamy Walnut Dressing; Roasted-Tomato Tabbouleh
• Sandwiches, Burgers, and Pizzas: Quinoa Veggie Burgers; Grilled Asparagus and Ricotta Pizza; Chipotle Avocado Sandwich; Portobello and Zucchini Tacos
• Pasta and Different Noodles: Fettuccine with Parsley-Walnut Pesto; Roasted Cauliflower with Pasta and Lemon Zest; Soba and Tofu in Ginger Broth; No-Bake Lasagna with Ricotta and Tomatoes
• Simple Facet Dishes: Mexican Creamed Corn; Cabbage and Eco-friendly Apple Slaw; Shredded Brussels Sprouts with Pecans and Mustard Seeds; Baked Polenta “Fries”
- Clarkson Potter Publishers